Obama's new health care "plan"

I'm not really following this stuff too much right now BUT-
For a person like me it is good, I don't have it and can't get it. I would rather have crappy health care than none at all. I think it would be nice to have that, plus people with the money for it can buy a better plan.

YES? NO? AGREE? BETTER IDEA?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Neither myself or my husband have insurance. My kids have medicaid because we cannot afford to buy it for them ourselves. It would be nice if myself and dh were covered in case something major happened.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• The issue is we won't be able to buy a new plan. What we have when the plan is implemented will be the only plan we can pay for. If our company goes out of business or we change jobs we are stuck with crappy care too. I am for reform just think Congress should find away to help the 20 million who do not have care and don't have the means to get it. Right now they want to blow up what works for most for the few. I am all for everyone having insurance just think there are better ways than this plan.

For our Congress and President this is not about you but about them lining their pockets. All have their money invested in companies that will benefit from this healthcare debacle. They don't care if you have care they want money and unfortunately many of you won't qualify for their care.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I have terrific health insurance, better than most and I agree with OP....
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 12:01 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I'm not sure. I have insurance thru my job but would love to see something a little less affordable not just for myself bu the many other who cannot afford it or just don't have it at all. I believe he is trying to get something like that done. But too many people are just aganist him period. But GOD will make away.
    grandmasix

Answer by grandmasix at 12:02 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• AFFORDABLE, NOT GOVERNMENT CONTROLLED.

the government will dictate rates and procedures, not to mention have access to your bank account to determine what you can afford. if you suffer from smoking or you are overweight those will play a factor on whether you can get care.
    chickaboom73

Answer by chickaboom73 at 12:02 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

FEAR TACTICS!!!!!!!!!! Medicare WORKS and is government controlled!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Maybe if they just offered this plan to people who wanted it, and let everybody be free to choose it or not as they pleased, it would be better, but to FORCE people to use their plan is WRONG. I know they say you can keep your present insurance, BUT if you want to make any changes, you have to go on the government plan. NOT RIGHT!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 12:11 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• FEAR TACTICS!!!!!!!!!! Medicare WORKS and is government controlled!!!!!!!

It.doesn't work. My grandmother is very upset with the care she was receiving. My husbands company allowed us to add her to our plan since she lives in our home. She is off most of the meds her crappy doctors gave her. She could only go to three different doctors in our town with Medicare all sucked. She got her knees replaced and had physical therapy she only would have gotten two therapy sessions with medicare. She is up and healthy at 72 she spent the last 5 years unhealthy with Medicare. It doesn't work for many. So using Medicare as an example of a well ran Government run organization is insanity.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Medicare is broke and government controlled, you mean. Try to read something Obama didn't spit out.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:12 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Medicare is going broke as well as social secrutiy how is that for running well? and "great"? That is OUR government for ya.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:20 PM on Aug. 14, 2009