Where is a good place to take a 2yr and 4yr old for there birthay?

My son will be 2 in october and my daughter will be 4 in october also. I thought about taking them back to chuck e cheese because there isn't really any place to take hem to. I live in chicago were there is limited places to take kids on my tight budget. Do you any suggestions!

NIECYGURL4

Asked by NIECYGURL4 at 11:50 AM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I did the movie birthday party for one of my grands she is two. the other grand we did pizzahut and the 4 yr old we did a backyard party with the big balloon where the kids could play and jump.
    grandmasix

Answer by grandmasix at 11:55 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Are we talking birthday party with guests or are we talking a fun family adventure day?
    What about a children's exploration muesum, bowling with bumpers? We have place out here where its just a bunch of bounce houses called Super Franks.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 11:56 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Where I live there is a place with bouncy houses where you just pay to get in. Something like that would be great at that age. My two yo enjoys going pretty much anywhere - park, museum, McDonald's w/ a play area, etc. The zoo would also be really cool, and I hear the Chicago zoo is awesome.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Why do you have to take them anywhere? Have a birthday party at home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Bounce Houses!!! the one near our house accepts "all ages!" So for dd 2nd birthday (and possibly this coming 3rd bday) we had a bounce house party & everyone from ages 2 to 60 bounced & had a wonderful time!!!
    Navy Pier has alot to do that all ages would like? A large park? a beach?
    Im sure there is something great in chicago that wont hurt your wallet too much. It just takes a little more digging! :)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:11 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Have you looked at the prices of the children's museum or does the shedd aquarium do birthday parties? Or if you wanted to you could pay for everybody to go to the shedd (you probably could get a group rate) and then go out to eat at their favorite restraunt.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 12:18 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• We have always just done our parties at home when the kids were that little. Now that they are older, they get a choice of doing parties either at family fun centers or home, and a lot of the time they still choose home because we can make it so much more fun and personalized. You can always rent a bouncy castle, get $5 pizzas from like Dominos Pizza, buy some 2 liter drinks or juices, and buy or make a cake. You can even do a theme at home because you can typically find a bouncy house in any theme you want too. The cost would be about the same as it would be at Chuck E Cheese but you will spend a lot less in money for tokens, and the kids can just run and play and not have to be structured as much.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:03 PM on Aug. 14, 2009