Tot with a mild fever, suggestions on how to make him comfortable?

My son is two. We've recently had a very stressful 3 day trip to Virginia to attend a funeral of a family member. Yesterday was our first day back, and he didn't sleep well at all last night. Today he has a mild fever, and a very runny nose.

We've brought his blanket out and put a blanket and pillow on the floor for him because he likes to lay and watch movies. Any other suggestions on things I can do to make him more comfortable?

BisketLiss

Asked by BisketLiss at 12:33 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Health

• Lots and lots of cuddles! Is he drinking fluids? Make sure he is and Tylenol if he seems uncomfortable with the fever. Good luck to the poor little man!
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 12:39 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• maybe popsicles, or sherbet
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 12:49 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I do not give tylenol for temperature. Since he has his blanket I would only dress him in very light layer or just a diaper. Make him comfortable. Plenty of water and or liquids. Do you have any vit C? I would up his vit C, vit A and D.

Let the fever run its course-it is fighting the infection/virus etc . If you bring it down prematurely it wont help in the long run.
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 1:06 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I always bathe my son, then put lots of lotion to make him feel soft and comfy.. then he will wrap up in a jersey cotton blanket or sheet and just want to snuggle :)
    AngeliquesaMama

Answer by AngeliquesaMama at 3:37 PM on Aug. 14, 2009