Husband has a problem with me going on vacation with my girlfriends.

I am a full time worker and mother and I have been married for 10 years. I was planning on going on vacation next year (2010) with my girlfriends because the majority of us will be turning 40 that year. My husband thinks it is not appropriate for a married woman to go on vacation with her girlfriends. My sister is also getting married next year and she is having a bachelorette party somewhere where there is traveling and I think my husband will have a problem with that too. What do you think? Is my husband insecure or is it inappropiate for a wife to go on vacation alone?

shea

Asked by shea at 12:42 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• tell him to get over it....your going with ur friends to have fun heck ur almost 40.....he needs to get over it..........go and have fun with ur friends
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 12:44 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• there is nothing wrong with u going with ur friends u are a adult he is insecure.......when u go he should makes plans to be with his guy friends
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 12:46 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• It is my personal opinion that it is not appropriate for a married woman to go off in a situation like that. You can call me old fashion. I feel once you are married you have different lifestyle. I can see where your hubby is coming from. Think of it is this way. Would you want him going off with a bunch of guy to the beach or something without you?
    mommytoangel407

Answer by mommytoangel407 at 12:53 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• In my opinion if either of the two feels uncomfortable about it, then it's not appropriate.
    I don't think my hubby would be okay with me going off even overnight with any of my friends, nor would I with him and his friends. Not so much because I'm worried he'll cheat, but we make a point to not give anyone any room to be able to stir up any trouble with us as much as possible.
    I wouldn't do it... but tha's just me. There's lots of men and women who do and it's fine with their partners so no problem.
    But if I'd rather vacation with hubby than friends anyways :)
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 1:00 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Go! You are married yes but he doesnt own you. Are these girlfriends of your single? My friend is married and doesnt think it is right hanging out with single people because it puts them in a bad situation...you are 40 though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• When men go somewhere together...there's always one who want's to fool around on thier wife, and most men will do the same if thier outnumbered by single and or cheating friends. I don't know if your friends are single or married, but he is more than likely looking at it from a mans point of view. I know that women tend to be more connected to thier men and don't really cheat unless they feel cheated in some way. If you would let your husband go on vacation without...then you should beable to go. I don't go anywhere without my husband. No girls night out or anything because he doesn't like it. But he goes out without me...and he's screwed around with his no good friends to. But I'm in a mixed race marriage and in his mind I should only go out with him. If your husband would leave you home and go on vacation with his friends...then it should be okay for you to. But if he wouldn't, then maybe you should rethink things
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 1:05 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Okay so here's the thing talk about what you want to do while on your vacation. See what it is about you going that bothers him. Let him know that the reason you want to go with you friends on a vacation is just to get a break for the day to day routine. Maybe you should even consider staying somewhere close and only going for the day or a weekend. Of course, if you are considering this you have to be okay with him doing something similar. He probably is slightly insecure about the situation, but if he never feels at least okay with the situation then you shouldn't go because it will only cause more problems.
    ramita

Answer by ramita at 1:13 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I have a dh just like this omg it gets old I guess they think since they are insecure with themselves we might want to find better..I really don't know how they think or they just want to know what we are doing every minute of the day...I don't get it. I would love for my dh to take off sometimes so I can have a breather...lol Then again I would wonder too it depends what kind of a man you have too. But in my shoes we do everything together sometimes I go and get my nails done or whatever I need to do for me and us but if I wanted to go out with the girls...forget it he would have a fit just like your dh...I don't know why men are this way it has to be insecure.

Is he out of shape mine is and do you look ok decent enough I am...there you go...

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Your husband doesn't trust you for some reason and is totally insecure.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:26 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I don't think it's inappropriate. My husband would be okay with it and I would be okay with him going on a snowboarding trip or something with his buddies. My husband's mom has gone on trips with her girlfriends, so to my husband, it's no big deal.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:32 PM on Aug. 14, 2009