what do you think plays a bigger part in who we become as adults?

are we a product of the way we are raised or of our environment? just curious about everyone else's thoughts on this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I believe you are a product of your environment. Many people learn to become who they are, myself included, by how I was raised, what my environment was. My values and what I see as being important comes from that. I don't consider "my environment" to be society. I consider it to be my upbringing, childhood.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 12:58 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I believe we are of both. They keep us similar to our childhoods if that was good very often or if that was bad it changes us as we grow. I enforce children should be more quiet in presence of adults like my parents did. But they didn't ever want or appreciate my own sense of my strengths, my childrens' strength I verbally and physically appreciate very very often. What a great question this is, thank you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• op here-thanks anon lol ;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Both.

Our home enviroment is what gives us foundations to build on as we go through life.
    However, the outside enviroment gives us lessons that build our character more.

I dont think we could be who we are without both.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:24 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Definitely the environment in which you were raised. Nurture can only go so far.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:46 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• nature vs nurture

i think it has to do with both, some personality traits are inherited from your parents but mostly its the environment you're raised in. your brain is conditioned by the time youre 11
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 1:46 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Well, I am having a hard time seeing the difference. My environment is how I was raised. Thats what made me who I am. I do think that theres teaching and then theres example and example goes further than the teaching. My dad always worked hard to make sure he was being an example for me. Much of who I am is because he worked with me and taught me values, character, integrity and a relationship with God, on the other hand, I am also who I am because of some of the things my mother did. The fear and insecurity thats in me isnt all her fault but its part of it. I guess I just think that our environment and how we are raised are basically the same thing.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:51 PM on Aug. 14, 2009