How do I deal with Mommy's anxiety over leaving baby??

My baby is now 5 1/2 months old and I am a stay-at-home Mom. I have only left him once with my Mom to take my hubby out for his birthday. I have such a hard time with even thinking about leaving him but I know it means alot to my husband if I do go out with him, without our little man. How do I deal with feeling so stressed and sad when I leave him? I totally trust my Mom but I still get so worried that he will be crying and wanting me and I won't be there to help him...

MyMommyLife

Asked by MyMommyLife at 1:07 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I still feel the same way at times & my youngest is 5 years old, lol. Plan shorter evenings out--maybe you go out for dinner but bring home dessert & watch a DVD together. Or have dinner at home & then go to a late movie so you little guy will be sleeping. Carry a cell phone so your Mom can reach you at all times. If you don't have a cell, make sure you have clear plans & let your Mom know so she can reach you at the restaurant, if needed. It probably won't be, but it will make you feel better. Talk to your Mom about this. Make sure she knows that it is ok to interupt your evening if baby is upset.

I know it is really hard but you are teaching baby a valuable lesson--when you leave, you come back. Good luck!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 1:15 PM on Aug. 14, 2009