how long does it take stiches to dissolve?

i had my dd 2 weeks ago and i ripped and had to have stiches i was wondering how long it takes them to dissolve and how can you tell when they do?? i am not bleeding anymore just a little spotting.. but i dont think that has anything to do with the stiches...

brittanybell

Asked by brittanybell at 1:14 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• When you have your next follow-up with your OB, that's when it'll be fully dissolved - for me, it was about 2 weeks, maybe 2 and a half.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 1:16 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I had stitches with my first & I think they were gone in a couple weeks. I don't remember them dissolving, it just gradually started feeling better & by my 6 week checkup, I was completely healed.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 1:16 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• i dont have a follow up til 6 weeks.. i want to go back to work before the 6 weeks if possible though.. money is to tight not to.. i would LOVE to stay home with this one but it isnt possible... i had stiches with my 1st but it was an episotimy but with this one i ripped up the side.. so i am not sure a cant see these like the 1st..i can feel the knot but that is all..
    brittanybell

Answer by brittanybell at 1:50 PM on Aug. 14, 2009