Should my 9 month old neice be crawling, etc?

What is the normal things a 9 month old is doing? She isnt doing the things my daughter was doing at 9 months old.

bluerose26

Asked by bluerose26 at 1:16 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son was a preemie and did not crawl on all fours until after 1year. He was very long in the torso and unbalanced, he did the army crawl. But as soon as he started crawling, in no time he was walking. All kids develop at different rates. No worries
    LuvMyBoyzz

Answer by LuvMyBoyzz at 1:23 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Crawling is not a milestone, and all babies don't crawl.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:31 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

yeah, like she said. some babies crawl early, others late ,some never crawl.
    mine crawl at 10 mts
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:06 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• all kids are different some never crawl. My middle child crawled late yet walked shortly after crawling. It doesn't mean anything is wrong with your neice...ALL kids are different.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 2:46 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• mine is 10 months and hes been doing the amy crawl for the past 4 months and now hes tryin to walk
    djsmommy13

Answer by djsmommy13 at 6:28 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Crawling is not a milestone because a lot of babies never do it, they go straight to walking.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 9:11 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• many babies skip crawling due to not enough tummy time, but thats perfectly ok. As the others have said all babies are diff and the "milestones" are more of a guidline, not a set of certainties.One thing is for sure tho-the more you push them, the longer it takes. babies do things in THEIR time, lol not what time we think they should.Never compare babies tho, because one day it may be you thinking"hey her baby is doing that why isnt mine" and that will make you crazy.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:32 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I never crawled, but was walking at 9 months. My son was 6 weeks early. He started crawling at about 10 months. He was scooting, but not properly crawling at 9.
    AlyKen

Answer by AlyKen at 11:44 AM on Aug. 15, 2009