Trouble bonding?

My baby is a few weeks old. At first I was in love, and loved everything about feeding and changing and dressing. But now I am so annoyed. I was up all night with continuous crying and nothing helped, and I feel resentful of the constant needs while trying to care for my other child. I know I shouldn't feel this way but I don't know what to do about it. I woke up this morning and didn't even want to look at the baby! Has anyone else felt this way? What do I do about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You need to talk to someone. Have you told you doctor. Do you have a friend or realative that might be able to come help for a week? Being a mom is very frustationg and sleep deprivation can make anyone feel really down. Does your SO help out alot??
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 1:41 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Yes, my husband is great. He was up over half the night last night so I could try to get some sleep and calm down a little. If it weren't for him I would go crazy! But he works such long hours, sometimes 14 hours a day with travel time, and it is so hard to deal with both of them on my own because it seems both kids want something at the exact same time and neither is willing to wait!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• WOW! I think you just need a day to yourself or even an hour. I would wake up pissed at everyone when my youngest was a baby. Just breath...it's a baby and even though thier sweet, then can make your head spin when you have more then one. Have you DH help, or see if grandma will take them for a couple of hours so you can sleep or go to a store and shop .
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 1:46 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I could understand that. My hubby is in marketing so his schedule is ridiclous. You should talk to your doctor I believe every woman has a little bout with PPD. Do you have a your mom or a sister or even a close friend to maybe come a help you??
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 1:49 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• How old are the kids? My first to are one week away from being ten months apart. You just have to learn how to block out the yelling and crying while to do what they want you to do. I sing Jesus loves me or talk to God to keep from snapping. If you can't do that, then put toys out and try to distracted them as best you can. also I would get a baby back pack to carry the little one in while doing things. I have one and it make's things way easyer, look on line for baby backpack carriers
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 1:52 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Thanks girls for not thinking I am awful for feeling this way! I don't have any family close by that could help out and I don't want to admit I am feeling this way to anyone. The kids are 3 and 3 weeks. I will definitely check into a baby backpack carrier, I think it might help not to be trying to carry the baby in my arms all day while trying to get housework done and play with my other child! I thought getting out of the house for a little bit would help, but then I came home and felt worse and sore and even more exhausted!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• its okay to feel that way- i went through that when our daughter was born. six weeks after that, my hubby had brain surgery and couldn't lift, bend over, or move his head for another six weeks. i spent the first three months either really tired or really, really angry b/c when i can't get my 8-10 hours, i am inhuman. best thing is to talk it out with someone who can listen and not advise on how you need to feel. good luck!!
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 1:07 PM on Aug. 15, 2009