what is ur biggest fear when it comes to ur kids.

i know a lot of u are goin to say them dying and hoestly thats not mine, i love my kids dearly and want everything for them. When my daughter was only 5 months old i lost my job and then found out i was pregnant needless to say no one wanted to help me out! i still dont have a job and she is 2 and my son 8 months. my biggest fear is they will grow up to hate me bc i didnt give them what they needed or some of what they wanted. i try my hardest to do what i can and tryin to find a job but everything jsut falls through and i cant stand it any more. im at wits end and im stuck all i want to do is be the one that gives my kids what they need and i cant. i think about christmas coming and i cant afford anything for one kid let alone 2!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• Right now its failing them as a parent. A few days ago guy in my area (In his late 20s, early 30s) shot himself in his mothers living room in front of her. I do know them and know that she is very mentally abusive, the father is too and was physically abusive when they were younger. I couldn't imagine one of my kids wanting to hurt me so bad that they would do that. The torment and hate towards his mother he must have been feeling is beyond my worst nightmares! My worst fear is them hating me like that and them hating themselves so bad that they would feel no other choice but to end their own life!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• well right now your kids are still pretty young so you have time. you need to go back to school or learn a trade. check out your local community college, they have 2 year degrees and the state will probably completley pay for your schooling. go to the finiancial aid office, youll have to fill out fafsa and you can even take student loans if you want and just use that money for things you need and then you dont have to start paying them off until 6 months after you graduate. they have classes that can work around your schedule, and my community college even has a daycare. you should really look into that. they even hire students at my college. message me if u have any questions.. GL
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:48 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• dont worry,they are way too little to even remember what you have to worry about as a mom is that you teach them that times arent always good and to be grateful.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 1:54 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• One of my biggest fears is, how my kids will turn out to be, when they grow up. All I can do is love them and show them the right way to live.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 1:55 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• To the OP, your kids are really young. You can do a really impressive Christmas straight out of the Dollar Store for those ages. I had to do that a couple times when my husband was laid off and my kids were a bit older. They never even noticed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Aug. 14, 2009