Help, DD won't let anone near her mouth!

So my DD is 10 mos old and I don't know what could be wrong. She already has 4 teeth and is cutting 2 more. But 2 days ago she started screaming anytime anyone went near her mouth. She hasn't wanted to eat or drink as she usually does. I don't see anything when I look in her mouth, but it's hard to get a good look. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong? She keeps waking up crying and nothing seems to help.

NHRachel

Asked by NHRachel at 1:45 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try oragel on her gums. I used the gum brush with the handle and put the oragel on it and put it on my daughters mouth. It could be teething and you can't see them yet. Try offering cool items like popcicles or things like that for liquids and cool soothing. Does she seem to be chewing on things? Drooling a lot?
    babygoose78

Answer by babygoose78 at 5:43 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• could be thrush. It's tends to start in the back of the mouth and babies won't want thier battles or anything when they have it.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 2:00 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• ^^Agreed. Take her to the doctor to be safe.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 2:04 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• No white patches and she is 10 months.
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 2:18 PM on Aug. 14, 2009