Would you have participated?

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/20396100/detail.html

Wheepingchree

Asked by Wheepingchree at 2:02 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• DAMN STRAIGHT I'd participate!! I'm tired of companies and others trying to tell mothers they "can't" BF in public.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• what about peeing in public....it's natural too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• " what about peeing in public....it's natural too. "

Theyre are facilities to do just that. I dont recall "breastfeeding rooms" being set up practically everywhere as much as rest rooms are.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 2:23 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• there*
    BEXi

• are you 12 anon :15?
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 2:24 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• are you 12 anon :15?
    _______________________
    She must be ewww bewbs are GROSS!!!! LMAO!
    I bet she's not against her man groping her in public.

I breast fed ONE time in public. I had a doc appointment and was a little early the glares I got brought me to tears. It was a lose lose situation I could have not fed him and people stare hatefully cause he's crying or BF and be looked at as if I am having sex in public! its ridiculous!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• yes i would have. BF in public is still considered taboo by so many. I BF my DD is public many times, but always carried a blanket with me to cover myself. It doesnt bother me at all to see a woman BF. If someone gets their kicks by watching me BF, i cant stop them; and they cant stop me from BF!
    alexsmomma06

Answer by alexsmomma06 at 3:55 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• HELL YEA I WOULD HAVE!! IF EVERY PERSON HAS THE RIGHT TO EAT IN A RESTAURANT THEN WHY DOESN'T MY INFANT?? JUST CAUSE THEIR FOOD ISN'T ON THE MENU DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING!!!
    SweetPea102689

Answer by SweetPea102689 at 4:04 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I have ZERO problem with the normal/sane women who BF in public. The ones that are fairly discreet and are doing it for the sole purpose of feeding their child. I have a problem with BF crazies that pull out their boob, make a big production, and then get pissy if a man gets uncomfortable (because lets face it, men are wussies) and walks out or away. BF is a great thing for those that can and CHOOSE to do it....but it isn't something that should be used to make others feel crappy or uncomfortable while someone else makes a point!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 4:06 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Definately, i would support that mom. I can, try, to understand some peoples discomfort with BF in public. Some women are not discrete, and you can see a little more than you want to...HOWEVER, if you don't want to see it, DON"T LOOK, it's really that simple. Me, i was a modest, discrete BF mom, but i did it anywhere, anytime, and i didn't even cover up. I just put a blanket below my boob and lifted my shirt enough for baby to eat. Funny thing, poeple would come up to me, talk to me for a while before they een realized what i was doing! I only had one person comment negativly and say "you should do that in the bathroom". I said, "when you take your lunch in the bathroom and eat it on a toilet, then i will feed my baby in there too" (ok,i was fibbing to her as i would never feed my baby in a bathroom!)

citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 4:16 PM on Aug. 14, 2009