chest pain.

2yrs ago when i was pregnant with my DD i started to have chest pain They told me it was from a trac infection. well it went away for a while not long though and it keeps coming back. it can be once a day for 5 mins up to ALL DAy some days. i have had a son since then and now its a lil more painful. its worse when i lay down and breath in. its in my left side right under my breast. sometimes makes my left arm tingle. any ideas of what it could be? have u ever had it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Health

• Hi I am 23 years old and have been suffering from the same pain since I was 16. my dr just recently told me (new dr) that is can be caused by an inflamed muscle near your heart that is sticking to your rib cage and that sometimes medicines you are taking can cause that and the feeling is as if you are having a mini heart attack each time! he said that if it lasts longer than a few minutes that he would want to run tests to see if there is more serious of a problem but mine never last that long few mins at the most and it is better to take slow shallow breaths than one big one because the bigger one gives me more pain. then its gone! he also said sometime a specific heart murmur can cause this problem as well! good luck!
    JulyMomma21

Answer by JulyMomma21 at 3:06 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Not trying to panic you, but chest pain is NOT something to ignore, especially with those specific symptoms. You need to address this with your doctor ASAP. It is not unheard of for people in their 20s to have heart attacks.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 2:20 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• i have this kind of pain too but only when i breathe deep. i went to my dr and she said most likely i pulled a ribcage muscle.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 2:22 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• could be a compressed nerve. a pinched nerve. I had same symptoms. See an orthopaedic surgeon for care if you want. Finally I put myself on bedrest for two weeks straight. DIdn't get up at al except for pee. After battling pinched nerves twice in one year finally the straight bedrest is what helped. My pinched nerve was below my shoulder deep in my back. It gave me chest pains like a heartattack with tingling after numbness.

In me the tingling after numbness meant my nerves were coming back to life after being compromised by the pinched nerve.

An orthopaedic consult could tell you more. Feel better momma. You deserve to care about you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I've had chest pains like that on and off for years now. I've had EKG's, stress tests, and scans out the wazoo...they've never been able to find anything. They call it Angina I believe. However, I would definitely go to the doctor with those symptoms b/c they can be a sign of something serious.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 2:27 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• an e r should be covered for this because of symptoms. at least get an exam to rule out heart attack. e r's work very very fast to decide yes no heart attack and most all e r's large and small are heart ready these days. They won't make you feel guilty if its' not a heart attack. They rather test and find no heart attack and 'waste' their time then have an actual heart attack victim.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Aug. 14, 2009