Moving furniture while pregnant?

I know they say not to life heavy things early on. I'm 8 months pregnant and have no one to help me move the crib/dresser/chaning table. What would/could it do if I helped move it up the stairs if I have someone to lift one side and I the other?
It has to get done!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Up the stairs??? No way, pay some neighbor kids 5 bucks to do it.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 2:18 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• i agree...dont do it...you could end up ripping your placenta away from your uterine wall...thats dangerous!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 2:20 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Yea, I agree that you shouldn't move it up the stairs. Moving it around the house is one thing, but that would be too much of a strain on your body.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 2:20 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• i move stuff all the time, if you can lift it comfortably go ahead. just dont be stupid and strain your uterus or let it fall on you.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:20 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• up the stairs.....too risky
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 2:21 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• No way... Im only 4 months and I try not to lift anything! Don't take a chance... like someone already suggested I would pay someone before doing that.
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 2:47 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• You get at the top and guide it more than lift it. If laid on a carpeted stair you can actually have someone slide it up the stairs. Please be careful

Answer by admckenzie at 2:51 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Yes, pay neighbor kids, or a neighbor man (they usually do it for free LOL, and there nice to look at) Don't go upstairs that far along, around the house is one thing.

I wouldn't even carry a highchair down the stairs to the basement, its not heavy but it was oddly shaped. And Im 38 weeks!

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 3:08 PM on Aug. 14, 2009