Have you ever been passionate about something and then it didn't work for you?

I use to be with Melaleuca.I was very passionate about it,because I got all the harmful chemicals out of my home and noticed a change in my families health.After a while of being with the company I realilized that I was being really pushy trying to get people to sign up under me and I almost lost a friend because of it.I was doing what my upline told me to do,not even knowing that I was being pushy.I never made any money or seen a paycheck.I told my enroller that I couldn't afford to buy products every month anymore and she kept pushing me to hang in there.I finally canceled! I feel so stupid that I wasted my time with melaleuca.Anyone else have a similar story?

Tia23sb

Asked by Tia23sb at 2:19 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Chalk it up as a lesson learned.

But I know what you mean about those kinds of companies it's like a pyramid thing so the top person can make the big bucks including yourself and who ever gets in. I tried it at first it was so convincing but after a while your like wait a minute what was I thinking...we did good by not staying with them..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I was involved with an insurance company. It was the same way. A plethera of pushy people can always be found in sales. Sales depend on numbers for success above all else. They get so focused and desperate that they forget that they are messing with real people who, for the most part, have very carefully planned budgets or they just don't care. Me and my family got involved in something like what you described but much larger. It ruined our mortgage, our children's college funding/mutual funds, threw us into heavy debt,and decimated our credit, which in the beginning, was extremely impressive. It is so sad that businesses and people that cause so much damage are allowed to remain legal and flourish. It was all about greed and competiton....to the extreme!
    GraceN.Mercy

Answer by GraceN.Mercy at 2:56 PM on Aug. 14, 2009