is it wrong for me to have a baby shower?

Please read the entire thing before answering.

I have two boys 3 & almost 2 & am now 21 weeks with a GIRL! Obviously we have nothing for a girl. I also haven't really had a baby shower with either of my boys. With my first everyone was told 2 days before the family reunion & I got 3 or so gifts for him (he was already a month old at the time). With my second my MIL threw a baby shower when he was about 2 weeks old and only invited their side of the family & only gave about a weeks notice. There were less then 10 people there.

So it it wrong for me to want a real baby shower?? And this time BEFORE baby is born. Any imput will help. Thanks ladies!

lizafur13

Asked by lizafur13 at 2:24 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• no i dont think its wrong at all
    anarose26

Answer by anarose26 at 2:26 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I would say yes, have one. You need a party. It's your chance to be spoiled.
    ibeamomysomeday

Answer by ibeamomysomeday at 2:26 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• It's not wrong at all!
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 2:33 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Of course that's not wrong. :) Baby showers are fun! Here's a link to an awesome website! I already have it on the "baby shower" page. :) It has tons of ideas, checklists, recipes . . .etc.

http://searcha.familyfun.go.com/?q=baby+shower&x=0&y=0
    jollymommy

Answer by jollymommy at 2:38 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• It's your first girl and it sounds like you haven't really had a baby shower the way you would like it to have been and you need one. If you have a close relative or friend who understands your feelings on the subject, maybe they could be your secret co-conspirator and help you pull off the baby shower you've always wished you'd had....just a thought.
    GraceN.Mercy

Answer by GraceN.Mercy at 2:38 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• No it's not wrong. Enjoy

Answer by admckenzie at 2:40 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I don't understand the whole "one baby shower per person" rule that people seem to think is out there. I mean, maybe if someone were having their 6th boy in under 10 years or something.

But, seeing as you've never had a "real" shower, AND as your having your first girl, I'd have one! And I wouldn't let ANYONE tell me otherwise.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 2:44 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I have 2 kids and never got a baby shower. I have to say I was disappointed. I thought that as a woman...becoming a mother...that we got them. I have to say though, with my first, I understood...we lived in CA at the time and all my friends and family lived in WI....but with my 2nd, I actually went there for a trip when I was 6 months along, sort of expected something....anything...but nope. I would say..have one! Have fun and be spoiled!
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 2:53 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Each baby gets his or her own baby shower is how I learned it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:00 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I don't think it's wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:09 PM on Aug. 14, 2009