Would you let your teen daughter dye her hair pink?

My dd is 13, going into 8th grade, and wants half her hair dyed pink. Would you let your daughter?

ladybug4

Asked by ladybug4 at 2:26 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Yes! You are only young once! I had blue hare for a while! I mean once they are older they have to worry about jobs and such... But at this point there is nothing to stop them. Besides, you will have MANY battles ahead of you with a teen... Why make something as little as hair color (which hurts no one) be one of them?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:41 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• yes
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 2:27 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• unfortunately a ton of kids do it
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:28 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• my parents let me when i was 13 at least... i mean i couldnt bleach it or anything but i could dye is semi permanent colors
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 2:29 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• NOOO...

what ever happened to loving what you have, and teaching them they are beautiful the way they are...

I could care less if other kids are doing it...
    I feel that kids today, feel like they have to be like someone else and they do not love the skin etc.
    that they are in...

I would not allow it..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:31 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• As long as it won't cause a problem at school.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 2:31 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• yes i dyed my hair for the first time in 3rd grade....it was bright ass fuscia. its just hair, and its semi permanent so it washes out after a few washes. most are like 28 washes i think. and it wont hurt the hair most of them are all natural. its just hair.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• sure, it's just hair. 13 year olds are experimenting and trying to find their own personalities.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 2:46 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Maybe let her get some of the nonpermenant dye and do it as long as she wasn't about to start school. Other than that I might allow some very little pink highlights, but I'm not sure if I would even allow it with them starting school soon.
    ramita

Answer by ramita at 2:58 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Yes, if the worst my kid does is want to dye his/her hair a different color, I will be lucky. The dye will fade or wash out. Have her use dye that can be washed out. Check with the school to be sure she won't get in trouble for dying her hair (I doubt she will have a problem though).

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:07 PM on Aug. 14, 2009