Im a christian, but what do i do about my aunt that is not a christian? ( christians only)

Hi im a strong christian and most my family is a christian except my aunt she does not beleave in God at all and beleaves in reincarnation and kinda the way Opera beleaves. Do i just deal with it, or what would jesus want me to do. She talkes with my other aunt my dads sister and she is a strong christian and she trys to tell her that she has an adiction to religion. Im adicted to GOd and proud of it and if she told me that that is what i would want to say. I dont want her to go to hell when she dies, is there anyhting i can do to get her to turn to GOd without being judgmental and comingoff the wrong way?

angels4262

Asked by angels4262 at 2:29 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Pray for her. You can't really make someone have the same beliefs as you. Just keep her in your prayers and dont treat her any differently. =)
    Cameolynn

Answer by Cameolynn at 2:32 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• No, you can't do anything for her. It is offensive that you do not accept her for who she is. How would you like it if she tried to push her beliefs on you?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Tell her you love her. If she ever wants to talk you're there. But don't shove God down her throat and harass her. That will only push her way more and more.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 2:35 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• i had no intention to shove it down her throat, i know that will only push her away more. I know i should just pray for her. and to anon God is the only way and it is not just beleafs it is the truth. I love her for who she is, but i just pray more for her
    angels4262

Answer by angels4262 at 2:38 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• It is your opinion that it is the truth, not a fact. You cannot prove your God any more than any other religions can prove their God.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• God would want you to accept that your truth is not her truth and allow her to come to him in her own way and in her own time. Be a good example and love her for her differences not in spite of them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• God will be here someday and that will be all the proof that will be needed, for now check out youtube( the bible answer man) there has never been one person who has ever asked a question about GOd that has not been answerd, athiest and all, he knocked all there foolishness down. You don't have to reply on here, if you don't want to, but Jesus is not santa clause, he is not something to beleave in he is everything to beleave in, he created you, me and everything you see, how could the clouds, the sky and, the sun and the planets just magically know where to stand in the sky. The peices of the bible were found on different places of the earth and they all fit perfictly together, thats not just a randomly that that happened, do your research read the bible, before you say there is no proof, tons of proof can be identified, and there are movies about that in liabrarys. I didn't mean to create a debate with you,but ok
    angels4262

Answer by angels4262 at 2:49 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• she won't go to hell just cause she denied god here on earth. she will face god in heaven and will have thje choice to reject or accept him then. i think pushing your beliefs hurts rather then do any good. it's best to wait for her to one day realize that her ilfe is lacking something and then she might open up to the idea of god. he will be there for her and when she is ready he will bring those into her life to give her the oppurnity to change. after god gave us our free will and he is not interferring with hers and therefore no matter how much it hurts you must give her her own free will to choice. it hurts our heavely father to let us have our free will when we choice wrong much harder then for you or i. so let her be is what i say. you don't want her to shut you out completely. i truly believe what jesus would have you do is have her have her free will. after true conversion has to come from that person themselves.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:57 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• op you stated she will go to hell, your worried so much for her nonbeliefs. That type of worry is about shoving God in to the different believers and the non believers. If God were as perfect as you say our brains as humans that he created would not be as advanced as they are. Your emotional upset in writing in is very clear. That kind of upset can not be hidden in speech or attitude in real time situations. If your a Christian you know then what God, Jesus say about and teaches about those less fortunate in belief and in life: tolerance.

There is a lot of good in our country and in our world from believers and nonbelievers in God.
    If someone were to operate on a brain tumor in her or another loved one would you only allow it or want it if that doctor were a Christian?

Are all firemen, ambulance crews, police school teachers the strength hold belief in God that you do? Sales clerks? All aren't you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I say if she ever tells you that then tell her exactly that, but other wise there's not much you can do. Be willing to talk to her about your religion, but also hers. If I were you I would ask her questions about her beliefs and share in the similarities and differences in y'alls beliefs. Maybe even ask why she has those beliefs, but never ever judge her for her beliefs. Besides God wants Christians to share the word of God that doesn't mean you are going to be able to convince them, and it doesn't mean you can't learn about other religions and beliefs.
    ramita

Answer by ramita at 3:16 PM on Aug. 14, 2009