DH's friend hit on me...

So yesterday was our 4 year wedding anniversary. SO we had a party. It went great!

But towards the end our one friend could walk or drive home so he stayed the night. We stayed up talking for a bit before DH and I went to bed.

Part was how nasty of person his wife is. She treats him like shit, and for the majority everyone in the group of friends too. About how she looks down at everyone and is basically a royal bitch! That he along with us dread when she comes over. Well then I lightened up the convo and was talking about Halloween. So we started looking at my scrapbooks. Then he starts saying how sexy I am. That I'm the only one he'll fool around with behind his wife back (ewww btw)

Now today we have to go to his birthday party. And now I am so uncomftrable. I'm not sure if he will remember all he said, but I hope he doesn't.

Should I still go, I feel so....weird about seeing him now.

EarthMama05

Asked by EarthMama05 at 2:30 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• well then i definitely feel sorry for the guy...she might be pushing him away...and yes even though he was drunk its still inapropriate....but give your DH's friend time to say something to you...he might be embarrased too!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 2:38 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• i would feel sympathy for his wife now...maybe shes a bitch for a reason? lol
    but in all seriousness talk to your husband about what happened...feel out the situation, your DH knows his friend better than you and can tell you if it was probably not meant in that way, or if maybe you guys should talk to him about how that made you uncomfortable....
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 2:32 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Did he say that in front of your husband? If so what does your husband think?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• He said some of it in front of DH and the rest I told DH. He brushed it off as "eh, he was drunk" But in all seriousness. His wife has become abusive towards him, mentally and physically. So I don;t feel bad for her one bit! She is a horrid bitch! But Even though she is I don't feel like his comments were appropriate.

EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 2:36 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I would just not be alone with him. He may have just been running off at the mouth.
    ladybug4

Answer by ladybug4 at 2:41 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• My hubbys friend hit on me once when he was drunk in front of my hubby. I was really shocked I just forgot about it and didn't mention anything to him. I'm really glad I didn't say anything now because I don't think he can remember any of it and he is usually very polite. He's never had said anything like that since.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Maybe his behavior gives you a little clarity as to why his wife may come off as such a "bitch." Maybe he has made a habit of being an unfaithful husband.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:49 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• go and just keepo your lip shut. he should of done that but also in some weird way he was complimenting you!
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:08 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Thriving mom, If he was just a cheating low life, then I would dismiss this, but he is a good friend of ours, and has put a lot of work into his marriage. His wife is abusive, treats him like a dog. He's practically not a man to her. I feel so bad for him. And I KNOW he has never cheated on his wife. he is not that type of person. He is a good christian that wait till marrige to give himself up. He's not a man whore. I think he's reaching out, and is tired of being abused and taken for granted. But I don't know what to do. I don;t want to be a good friend and it be leading him on. He is very fragile now. Not the man he was 5-7 years ago.
    EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 3:24 PM on Aug. 14, 2009