My husband thinks that $700 will cover for the monthly bill of our grocery shop...do you agree with him?

For a family of 4 (My dh, me and my 9 and 2 year olds)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• I find these replies hilarious!! I actually asked this question awhile back, but I asked "Do you think a family of 4 could live off of $800.00 a month for groceries, toiletries and cleaning supplies?" And most replies said NO WAY!! So i find it interesting that most feel that $700.00 would be enough-I guess your not including personal hygiened things and cleaning supplies though??

Anyway, Yes I think you can easily do it! You just need to stick to your budget. We have a family of four and we use $800 per month for groceries, toilitries, cleaning supplies and sometimes can even go out to eat once a month on that:)
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 5:15 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• wow, thats a lot of money to cover for grocery shopping. My husband & I dont even use 300 a month to cover our grocery bill and there is three of us. But I guess it all depends on how many you have in your household and if you need anything in specific like non allergic foods and such..
    Cameolynn

Answer by Cameolynn at 2:37 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I spend $100 a week or less on groceries, so $700 would be more than enough to feed my family of 5 each month.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 2:37 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• omg yeah.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Um...absolutely. If you can't afford that, you should shop at Aldi and Wal-Mart like we do.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:38 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• i wish i had $700 a month for groceries!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 2:39 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• holy crap thats alot! we spend around 120 a week give or take (usually less)...and we are food lovers!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 2:39 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• umm we pay for a family of 3 250 every two weeks so 500 a month
    anarose26

Answer by anarose26 at 2:40 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• yes that is more than enough for grocery shopping even if you were to also include cleaning supplies, diapers, wipes, and formula and grooming to that equation. ZAnd you could even afford organic with that budget.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 2:40 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Err... that's more than enough for me.
    We have a family of 3 + .25 (pregnant)... We spend $150-$200 every 2 weeks on groceries.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 2:43 PM on Aug. 14, 2009