How can I..

I just found out today that my pelvic bones completely seperated, I'm considered disabled and I'm on complete bedrest the remainder of my pregnancy. I told her I can't lay in bed all day and she told me as long as I stay off my feet as much as possible and not lift ANYTHING, I will be fine. I have to wear a maternity support belt..
I feel useless now. I have no idea why, I guess it has to do with the fact that I'm the backbone for my family right now since my mom is disabled also and now I can't do anything to help them. I just want to cry my eyes out.
Has anyone felt this way? How do you get past feeling like that?

Marix3

Asked by Marix3 at 2:48 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Just take one day at a time, and if that's too far into the future start at one hour at a time. My mom always told me This to shall pass and you know she was right! Good luck!
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 2:50 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I swear that i've been on bedrest my whole pregnancy because of how tired i am all the time, try to enjoy it if you can :( cruise the internet, play video games and watch television. i hope everything turns out okay
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:52 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I had that happen in my 2nd pregnancy because my daughter was engage so low for so long. How far along are you? Fortunately I was about 34 weeks when I think it happened (I found out it happened at 35 weeks when I couldnt handle the pain anymore) is this your first baby? If it is, just be thankful that you have the time to take care of yourself. I had a 2 1/2 year old at the time and bed rest was nearly impossible to accomplish
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:19 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• This is my first and I'm 33 weeks. It's just depressing because my mom is disabled right now and has a 2 year old who I help take care of, so I know how that is.
    Thank you ladies.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 4:45 PM on Aug. 14, 2009