OKAY...TELL ME IF THIS IS CRAZY???

OKAY...SO I AM A VERY HAPPY MOMMY TO 4 WONDERFUL LOVING LITTLE BOYS!!! BUT A "FRIEND" JUST HAD HER 4 CHILD AND IT WAS A GIRL...SHE HAS 3 BOYS AT HOME.....IS IT CRAZY THAT I AM HAVING A HARD TIME DEALING WITH THE FACT THAT SHE HAS A GIRL AND I MAY NEVER GET THAT???

NIKKIJO4

Asked by NIKKIJO4 at 2:53 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's not crazy. When I was having my 3rd I desperately wanted a little girl, and I did get one; but again when I had my 4th I really wanted a little girl and I ended up with a boy - whom I love more than anything!!! But I still find myself fingering the little girl dresses at the store, or looking at the pink baby blankets, etc.
    Just enjoy your friends little girl and remind yourself how lucky you are to have 4 perfect little boys - and you can look forward to the day that you will have daughter in laws.

Answer by missanc at 2:56 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• No, it's perfectly normal. You can love your sons and still grieve for a daughter. It's not crazy at all. You feel like you are missing out on something, and you're at a point where it seems likely that you will never have it. Maybe your boys will give you a boat-load of granddaughters!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Nope!! Not crazy at all!! I love my boys and wouldn't trade any of them for a girl, but as a child I always pictured myself with daughters, not sons. Every time I see a baby girl I am very jealous!! Truth is, I wouldn't know what to do with a little girl! All that pink and drama!! Still, I hope for granddaughters one day!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 2:59 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I have all boys and can't imagine having a girl. When I see someone with a girl, I think "better them than me."
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Not crazt at all...my hubands sister has four boys and can't have anymore. She's always telling me she loves her kids, but is jealous of my daughter. There's akways adoption if you're looking for a sure thing!!!
    Immamabeef

Answer by Immamabeef at 6:51 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• I have 3 boys and 1 girl. my boys ar 10, 19, 30, she is 23. I can't have any more kids I would love to have another girl and then I think. Thank God I can't have any more kids. My daughter goes to school, she doesn't drink, she isn't with child thank god..Do u watch TV and see all those girls running around kissing who ever ect,ect,ect, I all was say where is there mothers..
    seabrezze_11

Answer by seabrezze_11 at 5:39 PM on Jul. 5, 2010