How do I get rid of fleas in the house?

My dogs have been attacked by fleas and I'm trying desperately to make sure they don't get on the baby too. We live in a tiny apartment and its so small we're basically on top of each other. HEEEEEEEEELP!!!

alemlovo

Asked by alemlovo at 3:02 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Flea bomb... they are like $5 just plan a day out or maybe a weekend trip and use the flea bomb
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 3:07 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• You need to flea bomb your house and while you are out (you need to be out for a couple hours) get your dog flea dipped other wise you will get fleas again. When you get home vaccum your carpet really well and then throw out the bag.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 3:11 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• flea bombs are great but if you have outside pets that come inside the fleas will keep coming back so you have to block them using fea shampoo regularly maybe some flea collars then something for your house like flea powder for your carpets or the spray . I lived on a farm we were always fighting fleas
    deanna89

Answer by deanna89 at 3:19 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• hehehe.... we used to drown them in dish soap bubbles. We'd fill a tin foil pie pan with water pour in some dish soap so we had lots of foam. We'd then set it on the floor in a corner of the living room, set a desk lamp on the floor next to it, and turn out all the lights but that one. The fleas were attracted to the light, jumped into the bubbles, and died. We did that for 3 nights in a row and no more fleas.
    Also, we got rid of the mangy cat that our drunk ass neighbor "gave" to our 4 year old daughter (actually, it died from malnutrition by day 2 when we took it to the vets - I cried but the kids didn't).

Anyway, drowning fleas is fun.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 7:09 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• Honestly, get rid of the dogs. I know, I know. It's a mean thing to say. I grew up with dogs. My whole family loved dogs. My whole family actually took puppies that MY dog had. So, I know the flea problem. Honestly, get rid of the dogs. The dogs are family, I know, but the baby is more important.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Aug. 16, 2009

• get the Advantage or Frontline. It will kill the fleas that bite your dogs. As far as the dawn dishsoap goes be carefull it can dry out their skin and cause sores if not rinsed properly. Lots of vacuuming throw away the bag immediately they can crawl out of the vac. Fog the house or but the RAID for fleas. It has a fresh scent to it, and it's not as harmful as the flea bombs/foggers. They work, I have fleas, but mine always come back just as bad, and it's not even because of my animals, my 2 cats haven't taken a step inside of my house since I have fogged my home! So, needless to say don't get rid of your dogs!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 1:22 AM on Aug. 16, 2009