IS this just a stage?

My son throws everything. I mean everything and anything. most of the time it hits my fiance or I or it hits a wall and sometimes breaks. ITs really annoying and nothing is helping him stop. A firm no, time out,taking what he threw away. NOTHING. Help ladies..this is really bugging me.

JacobsMommy05

Asked by JacobsMommy05 at 3:14 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Does he think it's fun or funny to throw things? Is there a way to catch him before he throws things? Praise him when he's got something and not throwing it. My 2.5 year old needs reminding a lot, No Throwing in the house. We throw balls outside. So we keep reminding her. It could be a stage that now that he learned how to throw things he thinks he should perfect it. Maybe if you can take him and say ok, you can throw this but only here! Then don't allow it where he isn't allowed to by reminding him and taking the item away he threw. Remind him something might break or someone might get hurt. Have you tried the fake tears? Like if he hits you with something cry and say you hurt Mommy wahhhhh , see what he does?
    babygoose78

Answer by babygoose78 at 3:34 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• My son went through this stage at 1.5 and whatever he threw we took away. soon enough he had nothing left to play with. We would explain why he shoudlnt throw things and try to catch him before he threw them. I think its just a phase, good luck! =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Aug. 14, 2009