My poor sister...

My sister has bee trying for another baby for about 6 or 7 months but its hard for her to calculate ovulation days cuz her periods are irregular and she is very depressed about it she wants her son to have a sibling sooo bad!! she is an awsome mom and I hate seeing her so depressed! any ideas on how I can help her?

deanna89

Asked by deanna89 at 3:29 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• My sister in law had the same problem and she went on birth control to make her periods regular and it helped. So now she is going to try fo a baby. MAybe she can try that?
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 4:03 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Her best bet is to visit with her doctor about it. Her doctor can run blood tests to check on some possible reasons she is not regular. It could be any kind of hormone problem - even things that don't seem related to the repoductive system can actually affect it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I have the same problem, tell her to make an appointment with her doctor and see what they say. Its kind of sad though cause unless you have the money to start fertility treatments on your own they make you wait like a year to try before they really help you any.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I am in the same situation been trying to get pregnant since my pregnancy loss wich was about 6 months ago.. I went to the doctor and foundout how come i havent gotten pregnant cause i have hyperthyroidism lucky i went in or i would of never knew... Tell her to see an ob to have a check up to make sure everything is ok and goodluck to her... ;-)
    proud_mum_mum

Answer by proud_mum_mum at 8:56 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• i have had irregular periods also and i have been tryin for nine mths to conceive with my first child but i have had no luck and i have been depressed and stressed but the best advice that i can give her is to hold on and dont give up...
    vtyler6203

Answer by vtyler6203 at 10:52 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• have her try clomid. i here it works great.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 11:59 PM on Aug. 14, 2009