I kind of want to try for another baby(in a few months), fiance won't give me a straight answer. What do you think?

We are moving to a bigger house next month and I was thinking about another baby. I want to have my kids close and now we will have the space for 2. My son is going to be 1 next week and I wouldn't go off birthcontrol untill atleast march.

My fiance won't give me a straight answer, does that mean he doesn't want to or isn't sure? His answer is usually something like "If it happens then it happens". It won't happen untill I'm off BC so I don't really know what he means.

Does anyone know how to translate Man to English, or know what it might mean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• To me that means no
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• It means he's still iffy, I think.

So just dont bother mentioning it til like the end of the year and then see where he stands and if he knows what he wants for sure.

Thats what Id do anyway.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:33 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• his statement makes me think it means exactly that...he doesnt mind one way or the other...tell him your going off bc then and see if his reaction changes...
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 3:34 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I think when you are ready to go off the pill you should sit him down and say "honey I know we talked about this before, but I want to make sure we are both in agreement. I would like to stop using bc and try for another baby. What are your thoughts on the subject?". If he says 'if it happens it happens' or gives you a non-answer then I would reply with 'fine, since you agree with me I will stop taking them this month'.
    Good luck
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:40 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• you're moving to a bigger house. The rent or mortgage will be different and higher utlities to pay. How's the commute to work? Any longer than before using up more gas that costs more money? He's probably worried about financies seeing how expensive one baby is now even though you wouldn't get pregnant til spring.

My kids are three and four years between each and almost 8 youngest to oldest. I did not want two babies in diapers at one time and I didn't want two babies at once unless blessed with multiples.

Twins run in my husband's family as well as mine so we were facing a double hitter possitibilty of fate. We didn't have multiples. We did get to thoroughly enjoy our kids stages in infancy into older childhood by not having them back to back in age.

I'm selfish. I want my time in addition to parenting time. Don't have a baby if you might be afraid of 'losing' your one baby as he grows. Kids always need babying.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Why aren't you married? I don't mean that in a mean way, I just don't understand.
    Lovey1234

Answer by Lovey1234 at 3:48 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• The rent is actually cheaper at the bigger place, and it's closer to work and our parents houses. So lots less driving. Our bills will be going down. THAT is also why I think it may be a good time for another.

We aren't married because..... he wants a big wedding so we have to save up for it. It isn't really important to us to be married anytime soon anyways.

~OP~
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• maybe you should get married first and then think of a baby
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• A baby costs more than a wedding just a FYI
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• If he doesn't say he wants one then he prob doesn't. Men will avoid talking about things they know might upset you. Make sure your relationship is secure......Seriously, I would get married first before having another child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Aug. 14, 2009