Why do boys have to play war games?

No bashing because it is what it is. Since the dawn of time boys have played war games but why? My son is having a playdate right now and it is taking all restraint not to tell them to knock it off with the things they are saying and playing.

robinsi2000

Asked by robinsi2000 at 3:30 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• Because they are boys. Sorry, but it IS that simple!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• LOL! Cause they're boys!! Testosterone and all that.... Get used to it! :) You can tell him not to but he'll find a way.
    LUVWJ

Answer by LUVWJ at 3:58 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Boys will be boys and this is something they all do, I know mine have driven me crazy with it a few times but as long as they aren't hurting each other just let them be.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 4:15 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• same reason girls play dress up, mommy, and tea time & barbies falling in love.. Boys like being tough & rough & all that good stuff... While girls like being Princess's & taking care of others....
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 4:17 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I was going to say the same thing...because they are boys. I only have 1 son (and 3 girls) and all my son talks about is war and guns and army, etc, etc, etc. It's cute but gets annoying, too, because it's all I hear about.
    He's almost 8 and can turn any toy into a gun and is always involved in some kind of war. Even when playing Legos...then the little guys are in a war or getting blown up.
    But he does have an actual interest in military history. He loves to learn about wars (actually history in general) and why they happened and what happened. My dad was in Vietnam and the 2 of them have long talks about what it was like on the air craft carriers (he was a marine) and in the jungle, etc. We got him books on WWII and one of his favorite movies is Pearl Harbor. I just hope he continues his love of history as an adult.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:10 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• My son ever did this. Never interested. He is all boy and has plenty of testosterone...and his father was in the National Guard the boy was little. Just not his thing. So all boys don't do this.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 8:52 PM on Aug. 14, 2009