My WHOLE pregnancy I have been watching Birthday and shows like that just fine....now Im 38 weeks and I was watching it this morning

and I got TERIFIDE.... I PUKED all over the place.
How I went from being excited and not fearful at all to puking out of fear is beyond me...
I need some comforting advice from mommies-

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I've been watching those shows too but I got bored with them.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 3:35 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• those are HORRIBLE videos to watch!!!! if you want to see good births to help prepare you go to youtube and search homebirths, esp watch this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-V2rj2ZkUSc
    i think that it's in 9 parts.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 3:43 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• some of the shows I liked.. but some of these shows like "Deliver Me" that show nothing but emergencies tick me off! That is NOT what mommas need to be seeing! We need to see how normal healthy births look! And how birth is not something to fear!
    remember alot of pain that comes from birth is straight from fear! :) try learning as much as you can about relaxing & let your body do what it knows to do naturally.. It will all be OK.. Relax :) Its also normal to get a little scared towards the end. I think its not only the anxiety of birth but the fact upon giving birth your life is going to change...
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 4:14 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• save the fear. yeah labor sucks but used that fear in a positive way.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:13 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I have yet to see any of them~ but from what I hear, they glorify what is "wrong" with maternity care these days. Please know that the stories they show are often selected for their dramatic content; they are scary, violent, abnormal.
    Birth is normal and natural, not intended to be a "medical event." If you have particular concerns please message me, I will try to help you.
    Do you have a birth doula? SHe can be a huge help to get you through!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 5:14 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Stop watching them, they are like watching a train wreck. Birth does not have to be like what those shows show at all.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 9:02 AM on Aug. 15, 2009