Does you child SPIT at you?

My 4 yr old son is diagnosed Doose Disease. He deals pretty well with it, but lately he has been spitting in my face or just at me for NO reason.. We are just sitting there and SPPT... HE SPITS AT ME! SO I try to discipline him but when he realizes what he did he cries and says he doesn't know why he spat at me!

HELP?!?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• OoOh Is there medicine he can take or something.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 3:37 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• A quick google says it's a form of epilepsy. Did you bring that up because that's part of his seizure problem?

If it isn't then I'm confused why it was even mentioned.

Other than that...is there something special you have to do with discipline...that it sets off his seizures or something?

while I disagree with the first anon that he should have his ass beat, I definitely think some sort of discipline needs to be put in place.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Does he spit at you during a spell or when he's perfectly coherent? If he does it during a spell you should not be punishing him as he probably can't help it or doesn't realize what he's doing. However if he's doing it when he's perfectly coherent sorry not sure i've never had this problem with my son, he spit at me once and I popped him in his mouth and he hasn't done it since.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 10:26 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I'm not sure what Doose disease is or what it does but my suggestion is to help your child find a way to distract themselves before he acts out. It should be something that will work for your kid.
    Blueloveaura

Answer by Blueloveaura at 10:05 AM on Aug. 18, 2009