Delayed vaccinations?

what are your opinions on delaying vaccinations? My DD is 3 months old i think im going to hold off vaccinations until 4 1/2-5 months...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I held off only the mmr at 12 months. I am going to be giving it to her when she is 3 yo, I gave her the rest and she is fine. But it is a personal choice and you have to do what you think is right.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 3:38 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I held of the first set until 6 months. Then the MMR until he was 16 almost 17 months. He is prefectly fine. I did it only for the reactions they could get. Not because I was scared he would die or whatever the scares are of parents. I think this is a chose that parents have to make for them selfs. every parent will think differently about this like many other issues. So do what you feel is right for you and your child. Only you can make the best desicion for your child. No other mom can!!
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 3:45 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I delayed and separated my son's shots. Only by a few months here and there, but like jacobsmommy i was concerned about the reactions. Talk to your ped. or a few and get a sense for what you want to do. You have rights, you have choices.
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 3:52 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• i think its fine.. its good to split them up imo... why so much so soon.. then between the ages 3-5 they barely get anything!?? I think it should be seperated a bit more instead if packing the majority in 2yrs, it would better to spead them over 4/5yrs..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 4:10 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• We vaccinated on schedule, but if you choose to delay vaccinations, that's totally up to you!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:18 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Like citymama, I delayed and separated. Do your research, then decide what's best for you and your family.

Answer by missanc at 4:25 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• For my son I held off a few of them until he started walking. But when they had to catch him up there was so many I decided I would go with the regular schedule for my daughter and she has done great.
    amberstevens

Answer by amberstevens at 4:54 PM on Aug. 14, 2009