How long did it take you to get pregnant after you had the IUD removed?

Hi, My husband and i want to try for a baby soon. We want to conceive in January. My husband thinks we should wait till January to start. I think we should start right now. What do you ladies think? Please share your stories on conceiving after the IUD was removed. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I had my IUD taken out on March 6th, my doctor told me to wait two months to try because my uterus was still thin, we only waited a month thinking it would take 6 months to a year to get pregnant. So April 1st was the say we started trying and we got a positive test April 26th lol. So it doesnt take long at all.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 3:41 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Well I had the Mirena IUD taken out on July 15th. The doctor told us to wait 2 months as well but we only waited one. Well here it is August 14th and I am going to take a test tomorrow and I am almost positive I will get a BFP! But I have heard lots of times that it doesn't always happen right away. So good luck hun.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 4:56 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• i had mine removed in june 08 and got preggo in dec 08....
    SophieLee

Answer by SophieLee at 5:47 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• it took my sister 4 months. i had mine removed june 23, and not preg yet, but my cycle was off, so now that i am geting reg again i dont think it will take long. my goal was to be preg in september, so i had it removed in june. bu ti cant get preg this cycle cause i have an mri next week :(
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 11:57 PM on Aug. 14, 2009