Hi ladies Im a 35 yr old woman that recently lost 45 lbs!!

The other day I went to victorias secret and bought a very sexy bathing suit its like a one pice but cut out on the sides anyways when i was looking at it i had my 8yr old with me and was telling me mom you have got to try this on its going to look good on you, so I did, and she was like woohoo mom OMG you look sexy dad's going to love it! So that evening my husband got home (we've been married for 10 yrs now) and my daughter starts telling him what I bought so he tells me to put it on and I did and please tell me Im not crazy but I put it on and you know what he says?? Its nice huh? How in the world do you react to that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• LOL Men huh? My DH drives me nuts when I dress up nice and he just glances at it. Some men really don't know how to give a good compliment- maybe he was so tongue tied he couldn't think of anything :)
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 3:43 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• maybe he's not comfortable with your newfound confidence. just accept his compliment, wear it, and be proud of the changes you've made in your physical (and probably mental) self! congrats!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 3:48 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• way to gogood for you for the loss. Don't worry about him and his stupid reply. Men are terrible communicators. Plus he might be worried that other men will think of you as totally hot so he doesn't want to make you feel too good about yourself. LOL

Answer by admckenzie at 3:56 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• mmm.if your daughter was there maybe he was embarassed?! i dont know, sucks when your all happy and excited and they pop your balloon. but wear it proud. you EARNED the SEXY! lol....congrats to you!!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:57 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Maybe it was because your daughter was there that he didn't know how to respond? I bet he'll pounce on you after she goes to bed!! Congrats on the weight loss!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:00 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Congratulations!! Sometimes men just don't show their enthusiasm the way we do.....hopefully, he does let you know how hot you are now when the kids aren't around!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 5:48 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Thank you all so much for your responses :) He has also lost 75lbs and i compliment him all the time! And when i did put the bathing suit on for him our daughter had just gotten in the shower, so she wasnt right there at the time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:21 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Good work mama! Keep trying.....
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 9:27 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• He's so used to looking at you and being turned on by your body that he just doesn't see a point to jumping up and down about it anymore. I had a big problem with this with my husband too. I want to be so sexy and irresistable, but he's just used to seeing me all the time. Congrats on the weight loss. He's being a butt.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:19 PM on Aug. 14, 2009