I need some motherly advice!

My whole pregnancy I have been watching those baby TV shows, birthday, shows like that. Well today out of nowhere I got SOOO scared watching a laboring woman I started sweating, and threw up everywhere!!
I went from being super excited, not scared at all, and ready- to throwing up watching a TV show about labor and delivery- Im 38 weeks, and he is coming anytime now (says my doctor)
Any advice to ease my fears, did it happen to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would stop watching those kind of shows! I have avoided them for my entire pregnancy bc they scare the crap out of me being a FTM and all! Sounds like to me you are getting more nervous about the delivery, which is completely normal but shows like that and articles online can cause more stress if you are already unconsciously freaking out about it. Better to remove the stress for now!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 3:42 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I watched those shows all the time when I was pregnant too. Don't worry, you'll be fine. Every single last person on this earth was born. Our bodies were made to make children.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:45 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I feel your pain, I was there myself during my final week of pregnancy. Here is what I told myself. No matter what this baby is coming and no matter how he gets here (natural labor, c-section, drugs what have you) its ok. Millions of women do it daily and I can do it. I am allone I have benefit of excellant medical care.

Also if possible make sure you take with you people you can rely on. I had my mother, sister, and husband. I knew that my mommy wouldn't let anything happen to me and that my husband wouldn't let anything happen to the child and that my sister would keep them both from overreacting.

Good Luck it really isn't that bad and it will be an experience you will remember for the rest of your life. Enjoy!
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 3:48 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• lol me and my SO used to watch that ALL the time together, but after i got into my 3rd trimester, i had to give it up. i couldnt stand to watch it. it made me terribly sick. but honestly. its not like you see on TV. it just isnt, and everyone has a different pain threshold. sooo you cant compare yourself to others. good luck. get some sleep! and RELAX
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:52 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• A lot of mothers go through this so your not alone. Everyone is different and some can handle pain better than others, I was one of those others so i had an epidural. No matter what you decide you will be fine and just remember it's totally worth it.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 4:12 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I watched it too and got really scared. But you know, once you are in labour, you won't even remember those shows or any other fears you had. And when you are done, you'll think, wow, why was I so worried. You'll be just fine!
    Karenjm

Answer by Karenjm at 4:45 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Stop watching! I did the same thing and they were great until they got scary. Now, I can watch them again and enjoy them since I'm not pregnant.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:56 PM on Aug. 14, 2009