Are you grateful?

This is a spinoff from a deleted question (hm, go figure)..

So for the ladies who live in the USA, are you grateful to live here? Why or why not?

BEXi

Asked by BEXi at 3:54 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Am I grateful? You bet I am...I love this country with all my heart.We have strayed some away from what the founders laid out for us but I have faith in the American people to keep waking up one by one and rise to the occasion presented before us..and take this country back to its original intent instead of furthering down the path of destruction.We will do this Americans we have to for those that are yet to come.
    What I love most about America is the freedom to be individuals ...When I see the American flag flowing in the air my heart swells and I think of all those before us who gave their all to preserve what that flag stands for.I cannot say enough to show my appreciation for being so blessed to be an AMERICAN!
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:25 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I am grateful for what this country has to offer. Yes i am. But I find it easier in SOME of the third world countries. If you carry the U.S dollar and convert it, you can live pretty well off after saving for a couple of years.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I am grateful for what this nation stands for right now, but I am not grateful for what some people want it to be. I am grateful to a nation that lets the individual stand and make something of themselves, not to a nation that stifles success. I like the fact that if I want something, it isn't just placed upon my plate as if I deserve it, but rather I am given the opportunity to work for it and earn it for myself. I am grateful that the things that I have were earned by my husband and myself and that we are instilling those same ethics in our own children, so that one day they can depend on their own work ethic and common sense to make a living and provide for their own family.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Sounds like you are using the easy button anon 2:59. I would rather teach my kids that hard work earns a living, instead of taking advantage of those in poverty stricken countries. But whatever works for you.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• yes and no, i have had the chance to live in Canada and here, and if it wasnt for my daughters father being here, we would be moving
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• HAHAHAHAHAHA anon 403. I am not taking advantage of anyone. My husband has his own inherited land in Africa and we are using it for our own good. That is his home. And my kids will learn how to work hard to get what they want.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Yes because I have access to plenty of food, clean running water and medication in an emergency, am not forced to cover my face in public or have an abortion because there are child limit laws, I can practice my religion without fear of being jailed, my daughters are not at risk for being legally murdered for dishonoring thier family, I have multiple options for giving birth in a sanitary environment, my kids have the right to an education, if I don't like my political leaders I can voice my opinion and vote againsts them...America is not perfect but I am thankful for these things among others.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 4:07 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I am very grateful to my country and a proud American. I am thankful that we are able to protest for and against the direction that this country is going in and not have to worry about being dragged off and shot in the head. I pray that we as Americans will always support each other to have that and all the other freedoms that we have in this country. We (Americans) may not always agree, but I will fight and stand up for your right to voice your opinion.
    MaryJane849

Answer by MaryJane849 at 4:14 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Yes. While it's not always perfect I love my country. Like a previous poster said, I'm thrilled not to have to cover my face to go out in public, and that I don't have to be accompanied by my husband or father to go out, I'm happy that we have health insurance finally so I can take my kids to a good doctor, that we are a free nation and have freedom and so many other things it would take a day to list.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:22 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I was born here. I feel that I have no reason to be grateful. Now maybe if I had moved here from a war-torn country or a second or third world country, then yeah, I'd be "grateful."

I just don't think grateful is how I'd put it. Do I like it here? Sure. Are there things I would change? Sure. Is this the best country out there ever lyke OMG? Absolutely not.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:31 PM on Aug. 14, 2009