can anyone tell me about living in north dakota

i am moving to north dakota in a few months and i was wanting to know any and everything about it if u can
and thanks in advance

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Travel

• What part?
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 3:55 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• grnad forks area
    tinkerlight1985

Answer by tinkerlight1985 at 3:57 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• winter can be brutal, but beautiful
    sylvia-ann

Answer by sylvia-ann at 4:01 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• It was always very nice when I visited. I went to Dickenson a few times while in college in Billings, MT.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 4:02 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• What kind of stuff do you want to know about?
    tarynsmommy82

Answer by tarynsmommy82 at 4:02 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• really just anything my daughter wont be old enough for school for a few years but maybe the temperatures do any of yall know what the medicaid for kids is like how much out of pocket so on so fourth we are moving from arkansas so its a big difference
    tinkerlight1985

Answer by tinkerlight1985 at 4:08 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• http://www.statemaster.com/state/ND-north-dakota
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Well the winter temps can be pretty nasty. It gets below zero a lot. The summer can get hot. It's been over 90 degrees a couple of days this week. I'm not on medicaid, but I know a couple of people who are & I thought that it covered 100%. You could try this website & see if it helps:
    http://www.nd.gov/dhs/services/medicalserv/medicaid/ If you have any other questions, feel free to ask, I'll help if I can. I've lived in ND my whole life.
    tarynsmommy82

Answer by tarynsmommy82 at 4:44 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I grew up in South Dakota, different, but similar. I've never been to Grand Forks, but I do know the city is prone to flooding. I would DEFINITELY get flood insurance. Also, I my good friend lived in Bismark for years and she said the wind was crazy. I would recommend getting some good quality winter clothes. My mother did that for me when we moved to SD from Florida. It was really helpful because I six and not used to the cold (COLD!!) weather. It would also be a good idea to get a few things for your car. Snow tires and a block heater would be great. Also, kind of a little thing, but a winter survival kit and an ice scraper are really good ideas.
    mkJenne

Answer by mkJenne at 5:54 AM on Sep. 10, 2009

• I live close to GF... it's nice here, but cold. I tend to stay in as much as possible during the winter, lol. Summers are nice and so are the people.
    mamapaparazzi

Answer by mamapaparazzi at 7:22 AM on Sep. 28, 2009