my middle child girl is lashing out and she is 8, how can u change this pattern before its to late?

She yells , slams doors, hates her sisters, pushing, punching, really sensitive, hates me sometimes too...uugg!!

MoneySaverMoms

Asked by MoneySaverMoms at 4:02 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would need more information. Being the middle child is often a tough spot in which to be. She may be angry, feel that she is being overlooked, sort of getting squeezed into the mold of either the older child(expecting too much) or the younger child(expecting too little.) Could be that she just needs some one on one time with her mom and dad. Anger is just an emotion like any other, and it does signal that there's a deeper problem that needs to be dealt with.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:43 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I would 1. Take her to a therapist. They can help her with ways to deal with her emotions. And 2. make sure she knows about periods and sex cause it sounds to me like PMS.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 4:58 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I am not going to take her to the therapist but I see what you are saying. She knows about the birds and bees but I think she just has a middle child syndrom. We give her oneon one time and take her by herself to whereever she wants to go. So maybe I need to do more outgoing activities with her by herself.
    MoneySaverMoms

Answer by MoneySaverMoms at 5:00 PM on Aug. 14, 2009