Anyone Ever Used Duct Tape To Get Rid Of Plantar Wart?

My daughter has a plantar wart. Doc told me to use Compound W but honestly, that stuff smells WICKED bad, gave me an instant headache and the bottle was open, 10 seconds maybe. Ive read alot online about using duct tape just wanted to know if anyone one here has had success with it and if you have, what was your method? THANKS!

MiMi.

Asked by MiMi. at 4:08 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Duct tape did not work for me. I got online reading up on plantar warts and found some medicine i ordered online. It is called Plantar Stat. And my plantar wart was completely gone after about 2 weeks of treatment with that medicine.
    toyota

Answer by toyota at 5:23 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Hey, when I was little and had a wart on my finger, my mom cut of a very small piece of onion, put it on the wart, put a bandaid on top to hold it on, and changed it frequently. Yeah, it was kind of stinky, but the wart was gone within a few days. Or you could buy one of those freeze-off kits. I have had that done before and it really isn't that painful.
    flower_momma

Answer by flower_momma at 10:01 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• My son and I both had a plantar wart on our feet- we used the Dr. Scholls discs with the coverup patch and it worked great!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:49 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• When my son had a stubborn plantar wart on the bottom of his foot, the podiatrist said to put the wart removing liquid on the wart & then cover it w/the duct tape over night. Then, be careful when you remove the duct tape in the AM b/c you can pull the wart right out w/the tape. This is what we did & that's what happened within a week.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 2:26 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• It would great on my daughter's feet.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:16 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• The doctor recommend it. my son had them all over his fingers. it worked but the teachers at school gave us a hard time about it even though I TOLD them the doctor told us to do it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Aug. 15, 2009

• I cut mine off with finger nail clippers. It eventually kills them.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 1:04 PM on Aug. 16, 2009