WHAT THE HELL!?! I NEED YOUR OPINION...

What type of name is tuesday??? Or winter? Or christmas???? Lmao their was a lady on CF who asked a queation yesterday about the name chamille she said her husband thought it was a "BLACK" name, wtf is a black name? & another lady asked how would u pronounce NAVEAH {NAH-VEY-AH} & another women (anon) said it was a "BLACK" name!!! I never new a name had a race tied to it so if that's the case what race are these names????

jaidah917

Asked by jaidah917 at 4:15 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Names do have race tied to them. Say Jose for example, you're not going to think Jose or Jesus is tied to a white guy. Or, Laquesha is tied to a white girl. Or Gladys is tied to a hispanic woman
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• how is naveah blk.... its damn heaven spelt backwards lol...... what would isaiah be bc my son is named that and hes mixed lol.....
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 4:18 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• hell everyone thinks desiree is a black name and she is white lol
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 4:22 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• There is a cultural element when naming a child. Hirshel and Devorah are seen to be Jewish names, for example. You don't tend to name your child something you've never heard before, or that sounds strange to you.
    I agree that many names are universal or perhaps just American.
    NHRachel

Answer by NHRachel at 4:22 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• WELL I KNOW A WHITE WOMEN NAMED ALIZE! So what does that say? A name is a name it shouldn't define who u are or what ethnic background u come from
    jaidah917

Answer by jaidah917 at 4:24 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• i say go for it.. name it up.. i like when we think outside the box..
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 4:24 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• well the reality of it,it does
    avismama

Answer by avismama at 4:25 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I think its more cultural instead of racial. Some areas of the world have names that are much more common in that area- Such as Jose and Maria for Mexico or Elizabeth in England, or Muhammed and Ahmed in Iraq. However, in America there is a lot blurrier line to this bc of all of all the wonderful mixes of different cultures here. I think a lot of people confuse this cultural distinction with race instead, although color has very little to do with it.
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 4:30 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I think the names Tuesday, Winter, and Christmas are just plain goofy for someone of the human race.

But I have to admit that when I hear certain names I sometimes associate them with certain races and/or cultures. LaNesha, Tanisha and Danesha make me think the girl/woman is black. Mark, Tanner, and Kevin make me think the boy/man is white.

Chamille, however, doesn't sound black to me it sounds very British.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 4:57 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• My stepson's name is Jesus Lee...hubby is European American,the bio mother is AA. I am European American,my oldest dd's name is Jessica....Race,shmace...
    starrsun

Answer by starrsun at 5:08 PM on Aug. 14, 2009