how cool is this? our local animal shelter is giving away cats that cant be adopted cause of their age and have too many animals

we are going down to get a shelter cat when my hubby gets home..all have shots fixed and micro chipped

bonnie-jo

Asked by bonnie-jo at 4:21 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• nice.. i would love if they did that around here.. you have a good heart mama.. go save a pussy!!!
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 4:25 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Awww, it's nice to give the elderly and/or special needs pet a good forever home.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:26 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• My shelter of choice (Milwaukee WI) Any cat over a year old is free to a good home this is year round. They are all fixed, have all there shots, microchipped and you get a voucher for a free vet exam! I LOVE that animal shelter, they take VERY good care of there pets, and do extensive checks on families before placement to insure a good environment for pets-

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 4:27 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• That's great! I wish they did that here, then maybe...just maybe my hubby might let me have a kitty!
    a_bai04

Answer by a_bai04 at 4:30 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• i want one!!!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 4:37 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• i think its plain stupid.. a do u know how many assholes are goin to get a cat? good for u if ur goin to take good care of them but a lot of ppl wont. around where i live if they did that the dumbasses that fight dogs would go get them and use them as bait. i dont think they are lookin for the best for the animal i think they are just lookin for more room for theirself
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I think if they arent doing any type of application process, half those kitties are going to end up back in the shelter or on the street :-( It's a nice thought, a lot of what has kept me from adopting is the upfront cost (pet deposit, adoption fee, vet exam, supplies etc...) But if they are just giving them away it's really more irresponsible than anything else. imo
    AMsMommy212

Answer by AMsMommy212 at 4:59 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• How wonderful! I would take a few myself if they were near me and we had the room. I hope they all get wonderful, new homes. ♥
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:14 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• they do background checks we cant get our kitty till tuesday, and the one my kids picked out is so sad lookin he is 6 years old and has a broken ear, pure white and fat. the ladies at the shelter was glad someone took him tho cause if they arent gone soon they have to be put down =( and chances of this one finding a good home would of been slim. now the wait of be able to go get him aww its going to be a long weekend.
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 7:07 PM on Aug. 14, 2009