At what age do you buy a harness?

For those who actually have used a child harness/backpack, at what age did you buy one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:22 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We got one when my son was 2. We were taking him to Kings Island for the 1st time. He loved it because it's like a backpack. Now his sister, who is 1, wears it just to wear it. She gets mad if anyone else touches it...lol! We got it at Wal-mart for like $15-$20 I think.
    a_bai04

Answer by a_bai04 at 4:25 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• We got one when DS was about 18 months. My mom got it for us because we were going to an amusement park and I was so nervous about it. It is a monkey backpack with harness straps that go across his chest. There is a pouch on the monkey's back that is perfect for a small toy or pacifier. My son loves it and has not once been upset by it.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:26 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• We have one and it is a bear back pack. My DD freaks out if I put it on her and latch it. I am getting her used to wearing it now that she is walking so that when we need it it will be okay to use.
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:39 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• My mom gave us one when he was born. We started using it when he was old enough to walk and not need a stroller, so for him somewhere from 15-18 months.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:49 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• We had ours at closer to a year...my kids were walking early.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• 18 months was when we got one for our 2.5 year old . She started walking at 13 months and around 18 months was when she started HATING the stroller. We only use it when we know we are going somewhere really busy otherwise she does good with staying with us.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 4:57 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• i got one for my son when he was 17 months. he hates the stroller and if you try to hold his hand while walking he'll end up just sitting on the ground until you let go. i LOVE the harness.
    isamari

Answer by isamari at 9:42 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• We just bought our twins one back in June. But have only used them once.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 12:46 AM on Aug. 15, 2009