Do you really believe it?

Do you really believe that God doesn't give anyone any trials they can't handle? Because I would think that the suicide rate around the world would contradict that statement. If you do believe it, what do you say about suicide?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would say that they could have handled it, but didn't give it a fair try. That is, according to the statement you were referring to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• The suicide rate is one reason why I believe there is no higher power out there. If there is, he doesn't give two shits.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:29 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Personally, I don't believe God gives people trials. I think we (in general) do a pretty good job of giving them to each other.

AnamCara1

Answer by AnamCara1 at 4:30 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• i'd like to think god only gives me as much as i can handle, but it's hard to think that when i don't beleive in god. I think shit just happens and you handle what you can handle at that time in life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I dont think God gives us the trials. We are human, we find them ourselves LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:37 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• First anon, what about those with mental illnesses?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Ha, yeah, I'd like someone to say to my face that I "could have handled it" when I threatened to take my life back in April. Nothing could have stopped me had I not gotten help for myself.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:41 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• you base you belief in no higher power because of suicide? I would never look at it that way. People who commit suicide choose to do so. It is also a spirit .. I have heard its voice MANY times but because I DO NOT ever want to take God's place in deciding when I should die, I go to Him instead and He give me the strength and the peace to go on! Suicide is a cop out and a selfish one. It has nothing to do with it there being no God.
    Yes I do believe God KNOWS how much we are able to handle and he allows these things to build our character. Its like a potter putting a pot in the kiln and burns it for a while and it withstands the heat and comes out absolutely beautiful. Same with refining silver and gold, you get tested in the fire and come out amazingly gorgeous! You just have to endure the fire!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:43 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Nah, I don't *base* my nonbelief on this at all. There's a million reasons that matter more to me than the fact that suicide exists. I just believe that if God really gave us no more than we could handle, people wouldn't commit suicide as often as they do.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:16 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I don't believe the Gods GIVE us anything! I think we make our own luck and life! They will work WITH you and AID you in getting what you want or need... But they don't hand out anything. Do you really think with everything going on in the universe and the world that the Gods have the time or gumption to deal with each and everyone of us on a day to day basis. Not only that you can't just assume that because something happened the Gods had anything to do with it... You see there is this little thing called free will. You have it and so does everyone else. SO if you get hit by a car, did god do it? or was it the drunk behind the wheel? It's just ridiculous to think that it's god! Karma - maybe... God, NO!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:22 PM on Aug. 14, 2009