Diarrhea

My 3 month old has been pooping like crazy today.....Could it be something I ate??????

Sherri0521

Asked by Sherri0521 at 4:54 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• how much and what color is it how many times have you changed him?????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• My doctor told me that there was a bug going around causing mild diarhea in babies. He told me that as long as I gave her formula (or breast milk), which had everything she needed, then it would be gone in a few days, no problem. Then I told him she'd been having it for a week, and he then told me she might be lactose intolerant. Bottom line, if this continues, go see your doctor. It could be serious, or it could simply be a change in diet. Also, make sure that you change your child's diaper frequently. My daughter got a bacterial rash from the diarrhea and it took weeks to get it to settle down. It was bleeding, and absolutely HORRIBLE! Trust me, you want to prevent a diaper rash now before it's too late. Use a&d ointment after every diaper change. And if anything starts up, use desitin.
    Call-Me-Mommy

Answer by Call-Me-Mommy at 7:35 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I would suggest seeing your doctor, but since it's Friday, you won't get in until Monday. Get an appointment for then, and cancel it if the diarrhea stops. If your baby is unusually tired, or very fussy, go to the emergency room.
    Call-Me-Mommy

Answer by Call-Me-Mommy at 7:37 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• She has been fine, since that one day. Back to normal. Thanks for help.
    Sherri0521

Answer by Sherri0521 at 9:30 AM on Aug. 16, 2009