Questions about Bariatric Surgery, could you please help me?

I do not even know where to begin this journey. I am 360 pounds. I am 5'5'. I have changed my eating habits and have lost 20 pounds. I am very large and having a hard time exercising. I am trying to figure out how to finance a weight loss surgery. I have Aetna POS and I called them. They said absolutely NOT.

Can you please tell me about your experience? How much did it cost how did you finance it or get it covered, how was your recovery, how much did you lose, etc...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:04 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have not had the surgery myself, but I know several people who have. 3 of them lost between 100 and 150 pounds, but 2 of those gained all of the weight back, and 1 of them gained about half of it back within 3 years of reaching their lowest weight. Another who was a co-worker of my mom's ended up in the hospital after her surgery, and although she lost a little weight, never really lost anything. Check your doctor out carefully, I understand your desperation, although I don't have quite as much to lose as you, I weigh 197 pounds....hard for me to put in writing, and I'm only 5'2", so it's a heavy load for my body. I know what a struggle it is.

I just started taking prescription diet pills, which tells you how desperate I am, and I understand the need to try anything in the hope that something will work.

Whatever you choose to do, I hope it works for you. Good luck and good health!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 5:37 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Thanks so much for answering my question and being helpful. I wish you luck losing too!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on Aug. 15, 2009