help getting my 2.5 year old dressed

she is just now understanding & talking she gets developmental therapy, speech therapy
I tried giving her choices on what to where, but she don't want it unless it has dora on it.
I'm tried of having to pin her down while shes screaming, kicking just to get her dressed.
I tried talking, yelling, making a game out of it, and i have even tried swatting her behind.
nothing works.

maiahlynn

Asked by maiahlynn at 5:08 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Buy some more Dora clothes! Seriously, my daughter went through a stage of only wanting to wear dresses and we battled every day about it. I finally just bought some more dresses. She eventually outgrew it.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 5:23 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Has she been checked for SPD? One of the signs is that they will only wear a particular TYPE of clothing. While that doesn't mean with a specific character on it...it does mean only a certain type of shirt, certain type of pants, etc...all others actually feel wrong on their skin.

Just a thought...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Aug. 14, 2009