I am looking for a weenie dog

I'm looking for a weenie dog for sale or free. Nothing more than $40. I would prefer a black & tan male (or fixed female). Has to like kids, be very nice and sweet. If you live in or around Camden, Arkansas email me and we can talk. Thanks.

email: jessegrl_05@hotmail.com

momofJayleeM

Asked by momofJayleeM at 5:09 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Pets

• You mean a Dachshund. Pure breads will cost you way more then $40. $400 to a $1000 is more like it. Unless you get one that is not a purebread or much older.

Answer by louise2 at 5:15 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Dachshunds are notorious for not getting along with kids. I encourage you to do some research before purchasing one. Also Louise is right it will be around 400-1000 depending if you want to breed it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• If you REALLY want a Dachshund, try petfinder.com. But "weenie" dogs are generally not good with children. Anon :20 is right; please please PLEASE do more research before you go out and just get any dog. And don't just go to a pet store and buy one; there are so many great dogs in shelters who need homes!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 9:29 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Well thank you guys for the info but I've had one before and she was very good with my little girl and then she was a baby....and she was free. I know a lot about weenie dogs....it's not like i'm not educated on them or anything. oh, and we don't have shelters around here. That's just how it is here.
    momofJayleeM

Answer by momofJayleeM at 11:08 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I have a mini doxie and he is wonderful with kids. I think we paid around $200 for him from a private person not a petstore. In my family we have a total of 5 mini doxies not one is aggressive with kids. The only issue we have had is they are very stubborn when it comes to housebreaking. Check petfinder.com for any dachshunds in your area. Sometimes if you agree to have them fixed or not want there papers you can get one for a lower price.

mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 10:20 AM on Aug. 15, 2009

• If you don't mind an animal that does not have papers, check your local shelters. That is where I found my first doxie. His people lost their house and had to get rid of him. He was an awesome dog! My current doxie was too much of a barker (they are good for quite a bit of barking) and was given to me, as his original owner got tired of arguring with his neighbor about the barking. He came with papers. I say look around, you just never know what you will get.

I will agree though, my standard doxies are not the type of dog that I would want around small children (I have teens). They are stubborn and do not care to be hassled a great deal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Aug. 15, 2009