Do you eat a meal one item at a time?

I eat a little of this then a little of that. My son will eat all his meat, then all his potatoes, then all his green beans. I think that is such a weird thing to do. Do other people do that?

Dyndudes

Asked by Dyndudes at 5:20 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was confused at first, thinking...uh, yeah..I don't eat breakfast, lunch and dinner all at once...lol

Yes, I've always eaten my food separate. It's just what you like. My BIL HATES when his food touches, so for Christmas one year, I bought him cafeteria style trays. He thought it was the BEST gift ever! Some things I do "mash" together....Baked potatoes with sour cream and corn...turkey with cranberries....dang it...now I'm hungry for Thanksgiving! lol
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 5:28 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• No. It must be a slow day here at Cafe Mom. LOLOL.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I eat things one at a time. I'm not horrified if they touch or anything, but I finish one item before moving on to the next.
    SelaCarsen

Answer by SelaCarsen at 5:38 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• No.
    I like to sample things and sometimes combine them.
    One thing I love is a bite of steak w/some mashed potatoes! :)
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 5:44 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• yes i do eat my food seperate
    connorsmom2009

Answer by connorsmom2009 at 5:57 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Usually, I start out with a taste of everything and then go through and eat them separate. All depends on what I'm eating, though. If it's broccoli, I have to drown out the taste with whatever else I'm eating, ROFL!

beadingmom17

Answer by beadingmom17 at 6:05 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Growing up I did. One type of food item could NOT touch another food item on my plate. It was horrible if my gravy spilled over to my veggies or something....just horrible! And yes, I could only eat one food item, turn my plate in a clockwise motion so that the next food item was in front of me, eat that, and then rotate my plate clockwise again for the next food item. I know - I was a weird kid...lol. I also found it difficult to drink during my meal. I never touched my drink until I was completely finished.
    As an adult, however, I have learned that certain types of foods taste delicious when coordinated with other types of foods. I like a bite of steak with some mashed potatoes on it, or cranberry sauce on my turkey, and such. Not all foods all the time, just certain foods some of the time...LOL. I also drink throughout my meal now when I think of it. I still leave almost filled glasses of drink because I forgot it...lol.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:06 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I lump it all together and eat it blended

Answer by admckenzie at 6:30 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I have always done this and it's hard because I HAVE to finish one thing before I start another. I can't eat foods that are mixed together (like casseroles, soup or such things). If I eat pizza I eat each topping one at a time, then the cheese, then the crust. I have a lot of weird food quirks though, like I have to drink certain drinks with certain meals...Eating disorder treatment taught me to eat but I'm still weird about food. I just hope my kids don't pick up on it, my son already eats one thing at a time and if I give him more of something he won't touch it if he's already started something else...gah.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 6:35 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I have always eaten one item at a time. I'm not sure why, but that's the way I've always done it. I always save my favorite for last too.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:45 PM on Aug. 14, 2009