Moms looking to work from home (NOT A PLACE FOR ADS!!!)

I am a work at home mom... I know anyone can do it if they want to, I believe I am proof of that. But I see women on here everyday that say there either failed at being a WAHM or "couldn't do it" or are ready to quit...

So, my question is this. IF you are NOT a WAHM but want to be, what is holding you back? Why are you unable to make this dream come true?

I am a firm believer that our dreams are our only limits... So where are your dreams leading you? Or have you just given up??

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 5:35 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Money & Work

• blah, blah, blah
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Wow, I'm glad you could add the conversation anon!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:51 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Thanks to the economy and huge hospital bills, I am unable to work from home like I would LOVE to do. Now I have to not only bear the stress of finding a job (not a career, mind you), I have to deal with being a first time mom giving up her 3 month old to a child care provider, who will most certainly be a stranger.

So no, I have not given up the dream to be a stay at home mom! Just circumstances beyond my control (mostly) are making the decisions for me.
    OhBaby1467

Answer by OhBaby1467 at 5:53 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• so what exactly is your job description??
    TSSN88

Answer by TSSN88 at 7:12 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• TSSN88 ~ Please don't think me rude for not responding to your question. But I wanted to keep this post Ad free, and that must include me as well. I own and work 2 full time home businesses and 2 very very part time ones as well... Hard work? Yes! But very doable for anyone!

If you want to know what I do I would be happy to tell you, just PM me, but I do want this to be ad free!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:34 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• OhBaby ~ Good for you for not giving up! Don't ever give up on your dreams! Success can wait on you, when you are ready and able to reach for it - you will! I applaud you and those like you that aren't willing to give up just because life is tough!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:35 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I have searched for WAH jobs for a very long time and personally from my experience they all require either selling a product or service where you have to talk to people, (yes my Greatest fear) No wonder I'm having such a hard time!!! But this is what has kept me, my insecurities. On the other hand, if it was strictly clerical, date entry, anything in that nature I would be all over that, but I have not found anything in that line that is legit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I have not found a work at home job that does not involve selling things and I really dont want to sell. If I could find one I didn't see at I would look into it for sure. Also I am erally shy and nervous when it comes to the phone interviews and what not. And i am afraid that I am not diciplined enough to focus if I am at home.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 10:06 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I too am a WAHM! I have made really good money. The flexible hours have allowed me to take care of my family, house, etc with out compromising my job,income or them. The fallen economy has increased my work hours. I still struggle, like everyone else. But I believe in what I do. I believe the the economy will recover or I will find yet another way to market. With that said...Im holding my own. (This is where the other shoe falls) BUT, my ex has convinced the Judge that being a WAHM is just another way of being lazy, non-productive & making excuses to hide behind. So I have been recently ordered to find a "real" job. I have 4 weeks to produce a paycheck stub to the courts from a locan establishment, even IF that means working at McDonalds and/or at minimum wage.
    Well...... ok! Im on it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:29 AM on Aug. 15, 2009