Those of you who already have kids...which do you prefer?

Has anyone used the Maya Wraps or Moby Wraps? I am looking to buy a sling-type thingy, but would like to hear some opinions on these or anyother similar brands. Also, if you used one, what were the advantages & disadvantages? ...Thanks in advance!!

mandi0986

Asked by mandi0986 at 5:38 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't know the name of mine but it wasn't the kind that looks like one big piece of material. I wanted that kind but another one for like $25. My DD only liked it 50% and that was if she was in the mood for it. It did make it handy though when I was home alone and the dog needed to go out.
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 5:47 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• http://www.edenbabycarrier.com/products-velveteen.html

I;'m getting one of these! My first two were not sling babies.My 3rd (who passed away) was a sling baby, it was an infantino. I do not recommend them. I nor he liked it.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 6:05 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I have a Baby K'tan. It's very convenient for nursing hands free but it can get pretty warm wearing it...I'm in S. FL though. I also have a Baby Bjorn Active that I absolutely LOVE (but you can't use it to nurse).
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 6:52 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I didn't use either with my other 3 kids but I just bought a Moby Wrap for the new baby. I'm due in 5 weeks and I can't wait to use it.
    _Momof3_

Answer by _Momof3_ at 12:27 PM on Aug. 17, 2009