How do you know if an old friend is hitting on you?

I've been out of this dating world (the entire world too for that matter) for a long, long time now. An old friend from 18 years ago recently contacted me and we spend time on the phone chatting and catching up.

He has started calling me sexy, hunny, darling, etc and I think this married old friend might be hitting on me.

Ughhhh....I'm just clueless here.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• He probably is. Men haven't changed that much. You can still consider most of them DOGS. Sense he is married I would not worry about his flirting. Unless he tries to take it further then just flirting.

Answer by louise2 at 6:01 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• He might be but just ignore most of it but you can learn from the experience so you know how to deal with other men who just might want to play you. Get used to married men hitting on you and don't be afraid to put them in their place. I use humor to not cause bad feelings with someone I know. For others I tell them to bring a note from their wife saying it's ok and we'll go out. Funny, I've not had any takers on that one! lol

Answer by admckenzie at 5:50 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• he could just be an overfriendly guy. who talks to all the girls that way. if it bothers you tell him not to call you those names. and to call you by your name.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 7:30 PM on Aug. 14, 2009