Which is more apt to listen to the other side and not become irrate?

Which party is more able to actually LISTEN to points and thoughts from the other side of the fence? Why is it that from what I have seen on the news the left seems very upset that the right is vocal about the non suport of UHC?

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 5:43 PM on Aug. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think there are people on both sides that quickly become irrate and NOT listen. Temperment has nothing to do with what side your on.
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 5:51 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Until now, the silent majority not only listened, they were silent. I would say the republicans.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:12 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• http://www.videosift.com/video/The-Difference-Between-Democrats-and-Republicans-TED

check it out, it's interesting.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Green party. They're too stoned to argue.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I really have to say that my more libral friends are more open than my conservative friends to listening and sharing information. That doesn't mean that I equate every conservative as being close minded. That means that in my experience my conservative friends try to change my mind on issues they feel are important to them. My liberal friends listen, ask to state the information, and may or may not get back to me. They give me their thoughts but don't view it as a debate or argument: just a discussion.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 6:35 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I really have to say that my more libral friends are more open than my conservative friends to listening and sharing information.

I've seen the exact opposite. The liberal ones spent the last 8 years whining about Bush stealing the election(s) and have spent the last 8 months whining about anyone saying boo about Obama. None of them will budge on anything. They think if the stimulus fails it will be because it didn't spend enough money, and that we should have the health plan no matter how much it costs. Course, they're also the younger of my acquaintances and most of them are sorely lacking in responsibilities. They still live in apts with roommates or are still in grad school living on grants and loans. A few of them are holdovers of the tech boom who fall into that "will be taxed" rich sector.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:43 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• Neither. The pp's are delusional. Sorry gals...but each side sees what they want to. Libs say that libs are more apt to listen and conserves say that conserves are more apt to listen. Sorry, but I think it is human nature to boost your own side.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 7:04 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I agree with Nathskitten. I don't think it has to do with one side or the other, I think it has to do with individuals within the parties.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:08 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I agree with Nathskitten. But I don't look at is as a "party" thing. I think it is a fundamental difference in what some peoples expectations are from government. Some people want more from government and less individual freedom while others want small government and a greater emphasis on individual freedoms.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:54 PM on Aug. 14, 2009

• I think it's the far right and the far left that tend to react instead of respond. I think the moderates tend to have any easier time weighing both sides, hence why they sit in the middle-

Of course ppl will say they lack fire and are indecisive.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:24 PM on Aug. 14, 2009